StarryNite is free, open source software for tracking and analysis of cell lineages. Long term imaging of large set of cells requires tools for systematically monitoring ancestry and positional information. StarryNite provides a probabilistic approach to detection and tracking that gives accurate results even in challenging crowded images. Large data sets can be efficiently processed and examined on an average desktop computer.
- Automated cell tracking/lineage tracing
- Track management and manual editing
- Sulston Naming of C. elegans embryos
- Expression quantification
- Synced interaction with lineage and images
- 3D visualization